Wednesday, August 10, 2005

nothing cleanses the soul like a good rant...

\rant on.

This is a bit of a sensitive issue, and if anyone ever reads this, I'm sure you'll have a thought on it.

It's frustrating being a single guy. Especially if your not cute and dumb. and I excel in THAT regard. Both of them. OK. I'm not Shrek ugly, but still. I'm no Werner Von Braun either (well, maybe a bit of a Werner Klamperer).

The world is a funny place.

How the hell did we get in this situation where women are not in control (or so they claim). I mean. If you're not cute and dumb you really have an uphill battle in the 'woo'ing department.

You'd think that with THAT sort of control, the gals would have more positions of power. Mind you, we guys would be relaged to 'breeding stock'. Wasn't there a Tony Franciosa movie about that? hmm. Anyhow.

Maybe I need to stop trying to deal with smart gals who have things to say and deal with dumber ones.

Speaking of which, I was talking about this with a former friend who I don't care if I ever talk to again. She said, "you're 40 and never been married? There must be something wrong with you." No. there isn't. Less so, now that I don't deal with her.

bah. I'm just frustrated.

I'll delete this in a few days, I'm sure.

\rant off
Comments:
first, you're likely better off with a smart girl with something to say because the dumb guys want nothing to do with them. And second... we women have the same problems as you single guys do.

Bah! Men!
 
Just as you have problems with being "40 and not married, there must be something wrong with you" I get the same with, "your a woman but you don't want children? What is wrong with you?" Can't win. I have to agree with you, if your not cute and dumb, where does that leave you in the dating game? Well, for me, at home with my cats. Hopefully you figure out something that works for you, if not, be happy anyways. Things could always be worse (at least that's what all my friends in great relationships tell me.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?