Sunday, September 13, 2009

Return to Scotland: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

It's a long way. Luckily for me, I slept most of the way. I've been conditioning myself for the last 4 weeks and getting up progressively earlier. I got to the point where I was getting up by 3:30 AM and at work by 4:30... all this to keep my sleep in line.

Our flight was 90 minutes late, but not a big deal. We landed in Manchester and let some folks off the plane, nice looking country. 40 minutes from there to Glasgow. "Want the window Tracey so you can see the country?" "OK" "ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz" (her, not me).

Tracey got to talking to the folks who sat beside us on the plane and were in line behind us at the airport. Turns out they're from Prelate, Sask and know people in common.





Because the plane was late, we missed our train, but the next one was 2 hours later. had a couple of beer and then away we went. 3.5 hour train ride.

R+J picked us up at the train station, then a 20 minute car ride. Late dinner for us, J had to go and drive taxi starting at 9PM.

All in all, it's a LONG day.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?